Saturday, May 2, 2009

Some Updates



Swine Flu:
I’ve been getting a lot of emails about this. When we went to Guatemala there were no reported cases and to the best of my knowledge there still aren’t. The big joke around here (its not funny) is that if someone ends up with Swine Flu on the ship that we are going to be quarantined outside of Ft. Lauderdale for weeks with a gigantic battleship to make sure no one jumps ship. I am REALLY glad that this just became a big deal because it could have really impeded on our travels (such as SARS did).

Leaving the Ship:

I’m really sad to be leaving this voyage and community but I am definitely ready to see my friends and family. I just took my last final so school is over (I think I’m getting 3 As and B+), which is fine by me. Right now we can see Central America in the distance, the little outlines of their coasts. It’s nice to have birds flying outside of the window too. It’s odd to have flies on the ship though (since we’re close to land now we have them). I’m going to miss the little things on this ship such as the noon update or even the structure of the nights activities (pre-port, etc). I can’t believe we’ll all be saying goodbye in just three days but I really feel like this is the start of a brand new chapter in my life and I can’t wait.

Happy Sailing,
Elyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment